We believe that working in partnership enables us to deliver a more ambitious and impactful research agenda than would otherwise be possible. We look to work with organisations with similar research interests and organisational outlooks, who can bring their own ideas and resources to projects.
Working with our partners, we design and carry out research projects, and share our findings. We work to ensure that these data and insights are shared widely and freely so that what we’ve learned can help inform and support others who are similarly working to improve the outcomes of defined contribution savers, and help those who are yet to start saving, in the UK and around the globe.
To do this, we depend on sponsorships, grants and in-kind support from organisations that share our values.
Organisations can collaborate with us as:
- Strategic partners: Long-term partners who provide core funding for our work as well as partnering with us on specific projects.
- Programme partners: Who work with us on large-scale programmes of work, providing funding and/or long-term collaboration through the sharing of resources or the delivery of joint activity to launch and promote research.
- Research and delivery partners: Who work with us on specific projects, either in collaboration on research design and execution, and/or through providing the infrastructure and services to help with the implementation of those projects.
By working with the Nest Insight, you can associate your brand with a major programme of ground-breaking research and dynamic events.
We can only accept funding and research proposals that advance our objectives, from organisations that can demonstrate an alignment of goals and values. We are committed to ensuring that Nest Insight sponsorship opportunities are widely publicised, with sponsors appointed through fair and transparent procedures. For more information on current and future opportunities email email@example.com.
Our goals and values
Nest Insight goals
- Rigorous quantitative and qualitative research, in collaboration with industry, academics and policy-makers
- A comprehensive programme of expert discussion events
- Testing practical solutions
- A series of publications, briefing papers and online resources, complemented and promoted by a social media engagement programme.
Nest Insight values
- Academic rigour
- Practical approach
- Partnership working
- Developing and testing innovative solutions.
Submitting research proposals
If you’d like to submit a research proposal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with a brief outline of the research idea, methodology and objectives, making reference to the following:
- Relevance and impact: How relevant is the project to Nest Insight’s goals and values, and to Nest’s core purpose of enhancing end outcomes for its members and target market?
- Originality: Has this research or similar been conducted in the UK previously, with a similar population?
- Indicative costs and any potential avenues of funding
- Other requirements from Nest Insight: What input would be required from Nest Insight, for example in terms of data requirements and time commitment?
- Your organisation’s experience and reputation in this field
Submissions will be assessed on these points by the Nest Insight team on a quarterly basis.
Opportunities and support for students
Nest Insight is keen to support relevant research work by post-graduate students. We can also offer Masters and PhD students fixed-term opportunities within our team as they carry out research, allowing them to gain hands on experience of working within a large-scale financial services organisation.
Academic institutions with an interest in developing post-graduate placements with Nest Insight should apply to us using the approach set out on this page.